Czech Republic Interesting Facts
|Area||78,864 sq km|
|Government type||parliamentary democracy|
|European Union Member||Yes|
|Largest Ethnic Group||Czech 94%|
|Second Largest Ethnic Group||Slovak 3%|
|Religious affiliations||Catholic 40%
Last Sunday in March to the last Sunday in October GMT +2
Czech Republic ranks in the top 3 spots for:
- Embezzlements (per capita)
- Male Industrial workers
- Television broadcast stations
- Smoking prevalence for males
- Marriage rate
- Divorces per 100 marriages
- Cinemas Seats (per capita)
- Taxation Social contributions
- Paved Roadways
- Beer consumption (per capita)
Czech Republic ranks in the bottom 3 spots for:
- Foreign population inflow
- Personal computers (per capita)
- Urban population
- Primary teacher salary per hour after 15 years
- Municipal Waste per capita
- Rate of natural decrease in population
- annual GDP growth
Thanks to nationmaster.com for the above stats.
I hope you find this website helpful. I created the website because I love Prague, I enjoy writing about it, and I get a weird kick helping you make your trip to Prague more enjoyable.
As you can see there are no ads on this website. Not only do ads and banners cheapen the browsing experience they also distract. I did not create this website to sell you random things.
But I did write a book about Prague. The book is my pride, my joy, my unbiological offspring. It was not slapped together with filler content - it was written with a passionate heart. If you find this website helpful and want to show me your appreciation please consider getting my book. You will receive an entertaining book full of useful Prague tips and I will receive a warm fuzzy feeling inside for which I will be gratefull.
All the Amazon reviews are authentic and if for whatever reason you are not satisfied simply contact me and I will return your money.
Roman : Prague 2015